My Guru, His Holiness the 16th Gyalwa Karmapa ~ by Tai Situ Rinpoche






 I was with my guru, His Holiness the 16th Gyalwa Karmapa, for nine years solid. You would think that after nine years of seeing somebody every day they would become like your buddy. He never did. Because my previous incarnation was his guru he always treated me well, with honor and respect. He never beat me, or shouted at me, he was not ten feet tall, so there was really no reason to be afraid of him. But interacting with him was like being in the presence of a lion. I think this was because of his ever-present awareness. He was like a big, healthy, strong lion that understood me, took care of me and taught me with kindness and compassion. Everything was also very quiet around him even though he had an aviary full of birds, ten little dogs, a huge white dog, Siamese cats and a green peacock from Java. It was just like being in the depths of the ocean. I think this quietness also came from his ever-present, primordial wisdom. It had to have.

 (From: 12th Kenting Tai Situpa, “Ground, Path & Fruition”, pp. 269-270)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Govt set to lift travel restrictions on 17th Karmapa - Indian Express

'Tawang is a beautiful part of India': Karmapa Lama - Hard News

Live Webcast Announcement: Gyalwang Karmapa's UK Tour 2017

Sikkim monks seek early permission for Karmapas visit - India Today

Kalon Karma Gelek Yuthok Attends Convocation Ceremony of Sarah Tibetan College - Central Tibetan Administration

Karmapa’s travel curbs to go - The Hindu

Updated Schedule of Winter Dharma Activities (2017.4.27)

The Gyalwang Karmapa’s historic first visit to the United Kingdom

The Gyalwang Karmapa Rings an Alarm: We Must Preserve Tibetan Language and Culture

Karmapa followers march in Gangtok demanding their leader’s visit to Sikkim - Tibet Express